Friday, July 29, 2011

Baby-Sitter's Club

So this week marked the first week of my new job-as a nanny. It's a little bit funny to think that after graduating college I cannot even imagine working in PR-what I studied at Radford. It is even funnier to think that after working so hard to graduate in 3 years that I absolutely LOVE working as a nanny.

Yes, my first day had a bit of excitement during mealtime--by excitement I mean complete and total screaming of two babies at once who refuse to eat. Even though this was a bit challenging, I couldn't have been happier that my job was to care for those two little screamers. The next day proved to be much easier with a 2 1/2 hour nap and fully ingested yogurt and graham cracker.

After graduating from Radford I decided that PR was not for me--thankfully I have a totally supportive husband and family who know that God has something else in store for me. So working with this sweet family of little gals is a confirmation of how much I want to work with children... Grad school is definitely in my future.

In other news, J and I are still getting accustomed to our 'big city livin' we did find a grocery store with a redbox (this was a big discovery)! We hope to be able to travel around the state and see some of the history up here. On a random note, J and I were watching the new Lifetime show 'Dance Moms' (I know its a pretty crazy) and it is located in Pittsburgh--I secretly hope to see one of the moms somewhere--it's a long shot but I would love to let them know how insane they seem on TV...I'll keep everyone posted!

I want to leave you with a little bit of beauty--I've been reading novels based in Nantucket and have now discovered my new number one place I wish to visit. I've told J about this dream and he agrees he would love to go--in a few years whenever we can afford to even dip our toe in Nantucket! Enjoy the weekend-I'll be dreaming of the Nantucket beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment