Monday, July 25, 2011

State of Independence

I graduated Radford in May and moved back home...Then on the most wonderful day of my life I got married and moved to South Carolina to live with my new hubby...Then three weeks later we moved to the suburbs of Pittsburgh and have started a new adventure.

Our big move from Greenville, SC to Bethel Park, PA was on July 4th--Independence Day which was quite appropriate considering we were moving 6 hours away from home and anything or anyone familiar. With both cars packed and some JT on the stereo we finally passed from WV into PA. We were married in VA the state so perfectly represented by 'VA is for lovers' now we live in PA the state so perfectly named 'PA the State of Independence.'

Living in the State of Independence is very different from anywhere either of us have lived before. J works long hours and has a busy commute while I fearfully venture around the area looking for a good grocery store or try to organize the new apartment while discovering the excitement of coin-operated laundry...sigh. While getting aquainted has been very different for both of us, we are starting to understand the area and the apartment is becoming more livable everyday. We have loved going to baseball games on the weekends, discovering new restaurants together, taking walks to the mailbox together, and playing tennis (well I am learning while J patiently teaches me to serve). We have had some really fun adventures getting aquainted to public transportation--the 'T' takes us to downtown Pittsburgh for the Pirates games, downtown Pittsburgh (where I hang on to J for dear life while clutching my purse with the other hand) is a beautiful city that we can't wait to explore.

I will be starting my new job this week--yay! I will be a nanny for some little cuties, talk about a new adventure TWINS, but I really cannot wait. One new adventure after the other!

Its raining in PA today so I'm dreaming of our wonderful honeymoon to Jamaica--which was actually quite rainy as well--the best week ever! So heres a little pic from our honeymoon when it was actually sunny. Jamaica dreaming in PA...



1 comment:

  1. I love that you listened to JT on your way. This is why I'm your friend :) <3

    ReplyDelete